Sunday, April 3

priorities.

I've been thinking a lot about the "bigger picture" lately. Not a ton haha but more than normal. Like, what are my priorities in life. What do I Wish my priorities were and what are they actually. What are my goals. And which of those goals am I working towards? I found this quote this morning and found it really interesting to think about, especially regarding the "what are my priorities and goals" idea.

"The critical question for our generation- and for every generation- is this: if you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there?"
This is a quote by John Piper. Its found in his book "God is the Gospel".

How crazy is this?? But surely its true for more individuals than we'd like to think. I think that too often we want after "utopia" in heaven because we don't like earth. But shouldn't the goal of our afterlife not be to escape the sorrows of earth but to spend eternity with Jesus?

I'm not sure what to do with this quote, other than share it and hope that whoever reads it takes a good long look at their lives and hopes for the future. Let this not be one of our downfalls!

Love and Affection.
Jennifer


PS. head on over to missionyear.org/donate/jennifermusic
go ahead and feel obligated to pledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment