Saturday, June 9

Fruits and Flowers

One of my best friends is graduating college today. I'm so excited for her! Well, most of my graduating class is finishing college right around now, but I'm especially excited for her! And soon she will be back in town for me to get to see! And then we will be getting ready for her wedding in November! Eeeek!


Baby Raspberries!
Despite the discouraging clouds, rain and wind that we've been having in Washington the last few weeks, it is still spring. Things are beginning to grow. There are flowers everywhere! Tiny green fruits are all over our backyard. I can't wait until they are ripe enough to eat! 

This one got instagrammed....
My mom has a huge orchard and berry patches all over our back yard. Some days, I wander into the yard and eat fresh fruit all day. Raspberries are my favorite, and we have a ton of them. I took a walk through the other day and couldn't help but snap a few photos of all the new life.

Speaking of new life, I saw a baby deer the other day! I usually see baby cows when I drive to school and work. And I see baby goats all the time. I almost never get to see baby deer. So cute!
Baby Grapes
Blueberries on the right, Apples in the background
Dogwood Flowers, post-Instagram

3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love visiting the gardens to take photos of the pretty flowers - so much fun!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your fresh fruit! My tiny Germany yard doesn't hold anything that awesome, so I have to trek to the farmer's market in order to get anything freshly picked. Enjoy some for me as well!!

    I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! You can see it here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. could you please shoot me an email? have a question for you about the button swap. englishfreckles[at]gmail[dot]com

      Delete